I love Tuscaloosa during the summer. Once UA finishes up its semester, it gets wonderfully quiet. Growing up, I don’t think I ever spent an entire summer outside of Tuscaloosa. If anything, I would take a couple trips to the beach with my family. But I like it that way. Tuscaloosa is most exciting during football season of course, but I still think the city is at its best during the summer.
Favorite Tuscaloosa Summer Activities
- Eating Summer Snow (Half margarita/Half pink lemonade)
- Visiting bars I normally avoid during the school year, they are always empty
- Drinking margaritas on Pepito’s porch
- Spending an afternoon at Nana & Papa’s pool (see above)
- Staying up and out really late at night during the weekends
- Sitting on my couch all afternoon watching out the window of my apartment
- Sunday naps with Penny
- Driving with the windows down
- Long talks over a glass or two of wine
- Using up all of my energy on a day at the lake
Any other ideas?