I know doing a recap post for the past two months is sort of a cop-out, but it’s my bloggy and I’ll cry if I want to*.
*No actual tears were shed in the writing of this post.
Here are a few quick highlights:
- Enjoyed a trip to Gulf Shores with my family celebrating Memorial Day
- Planned my trip to visit Leslie in Baltimore
- Planned my trip to visit Houston in Chicago
- Experienced my first spray tan, will possibly try again
- Experienced my first Old Fashion, will probably not try again
- Usher’s new album came out and it is AWESOME.
- I went to the Counting Crows concert at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, but the highlight was seeing one of my favorite bands, Good Old War, open for them
- Finally tried Tacogi, and I love it (and recommend the shrimp taco with shrimp sauce)
- But sadly Opus is now closed
Penny Lane turned one years old! I hosted a dog party in the courtyard of my apartment, it was such a blast. We had doggy treats and toys and a couple pools set up, but just Penny and her Boston neighbor Maggie took a dip. And speaking of pools, splashing around seems to be Penny’s new favorite activity, whether it’s in her own kiddie pool or on the steps of my grandparents’ pool.
I had dinner with my Bros (Micah and Hamilton) to celebrate the anniversary of us travelling to Los Angeles for Campus Movie Fest. Our film Sugarbaby ended up being nominated (and should have won) Best Comedy. Coincidentally, we all decided to wear plaid button ups.
Leslie came home for a week! Everyone else was all sad when she left, but I wasn’t because I get to see her in ELEVEN DAYS. But, I will be sad when we have to say goodbye again.
My third favorite holiday is about to be here (rankings go Halloween, Christmas, July 4th). Stuart and I have a strange tradition of wearing excessively patriotic garb on Independence Day (I think it may have something to do with us ALWAYS being supplied an American flag t-shirt each year from Old Navy, and I guess one year we decided to run with it). Have you seen Stuart’s outfit? It’s a doozy.
Yes, those are cut-off jorts, and yes that’s a kitten. Am I going out in public with him? Yes. Will I regret it later? Possibly. Are the pictures totally worth any embarrassment I might incur? Definitely.
Can you top his July 4th outfit?